Re: TCP SYN Cookies for NetBSD

On 11/5/2012 3:07 PM, Paul Goyette wrote:
While at the MeetBSD California un-conference over the weekend, I was
approached by the originator of [1].  Looking through the archives, I
don't see any replies or discussion, so I was wondering (along with
John) if there's any merit to the suggested code/patches?  Has anyone
with TCP expertise reviewed them at all?

If the code is "close" (FSV of "close"), is there any chance of using
the Google Code-In as a chance to get clean-up or finishing touched?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |

Thanks for meeting with me at the conference and sending this follow-up. I'm currently working to insure the code patches cleanly against 6.0 and am adding the ability to auto-enable cookies based on how full the syn cache is.

What I would most appreciate is a quick code review and some testing. I believe everything is functional but I am new to NetBSD and I might not have done things "the NetBSD way".