Re: rshd...

On 07/14/2012 10:45 PM, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
On 15/07/2012, at 1:59 AM, Darren Reed wrote:

In doing test development for ipfilter, I've become aware of what I'd
consider to be a bug in rshd
Is there any way at all that anyone can justify shipping rshd and friends as
part of NetBSD? The only justification I can think of would be if rsh can do
host verification via Kerberos, but ssh could do that too with the appropriate
patches. At least telnet is a useful network diagnostic tool. Hmm, if we
stopped shipping telnetd, would anyone notice?

There are (still) lots of systems that only can use rsh to communicate that nothing can be done about.

And telnetd is very useful in a kerberized environment.

-- Ragge