Re: Specifying names for tap interfaces

On Jul 5,  3:05pm, roger.pau%citrix.com@localhost (Roger Pau Monne) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Specifying names for tap interfaces

| It allows users to have persistent interfaces, even after Dom0/DomU
| reboot, so you can for example graph the traffic a single guest is
| using, which is not possible now.

I've been thinking about this a bit more, and I would not be averse
in letting people create named interfaces for the cloning devices as
long as the names are restricted to some form and are recognizable.
For example tun3:myvm tun4:vmx tun5:work. Some uniqueness criteria
need to be there, but the symbolic name could be just an auxiliary
tag.

christos