Re: Specifying names for tap interfaces

> what we get is "this is the 6th instance of the wm driver".
> We need this information too.
I don't know whether it's a reasonable idea, but what came to my mind was
doing it the other way round than giving an interface a label: Let the user
specify the name of the interface but add something like "driver" and
"instance" to the information presented by ifconfig. Plus a syntax to
specify an interface by the unique driver/instance pair.
Does this make sense?