[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
OSI TP4 stack on netbsd
Hello, I would like to know if osi stack is still supported on NetBSD,
particularly TP4 transport services.
In the archive list along the years it seems several people tried to make this
work but don't seem to get it.
This is what we are doing:
- Compile kernel with OSI stacks
- Configure osi protocol for the interface:
XXXX# ifconfig tlp0 iso 2222
XXXX$ ifconfig -a
tlp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT)
inet 192.168.17.55 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.17.255
inet6 fe80::230:5ff:fe56:34d2%tlp0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
iso 22.22 netmask
- Write a simple client and server socket example. Server justs binds to any
address and listens for connections. Client just tries to connect. It will
happen in the same machine.
tp4sock = socket(AF_ISO, SOCK_SEQPACKET, 0)
memset(&isoaddr, 0, sizeof(isoaddr)); => Empty addr, listen on
isoaddr.siso_family = AF_ISO;
isoaddr.siso_tlen = 2;
cp = (char*)TSEL(&isoaddr); => 2 bytes for selector.
*cp++ = (PORT >> 8); => The same on client. Find this code on
bsd nfs server.
*cp = (PORT & 0xff);
Bind => ok, listen => ok
accept => Blocks (ok)
siso.siso_addr = *iso_addr("2222"); => NSAP addr
int res = connect (sock,(const struct
sockaddr*)&siso,sizeof(siso)); => Blocks forever.
This is what we get:
- Server seems to listen. If we specify a wrong nsap or a nsap other than 1111
bind doesn't work. It blocks on accept as it should.
- netstat does not show any information about osi protocol (no listen)
- client blocks forever on connect and does nothing. Symptoms are the same as
- client blocks always. Even if no server is listening, if a wrong or
inexistent nsap is specified etc
- "route show" cmd shows routes for osi:
Destination Gateway Flags
(7) 0000 0000 0000 link#1 U
(7) 0000 0002 2222 link#1 UHL
Any help would be much appreciated. We already know it is rare to find people
with OSI issues, but maybe someone has a simple test program or configuration
to make this work.
The fact is that we need TP4 and netbsd would be our best solution.
Verificada la ausencia de virus por G Data AntiVirus
Versión: AVA 22.4810 del 30.04.2012
Noticias de virus: www.antiviruslab.com
Main Index |
Thread Index |