Re: Retiring dhclient

On Nov 16, 2011, at 8:30 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> A short summary is
> http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/wiki/DhcpcdFeatures

That's very helpful—thanks!

> Updating ISC DHCPD and friends would provide at least some value in
> keeping dhclient, since ATM there are no alternatives for DHCPv6.

There is dibbler.   I don't have any experience with it, though, so I don't
know if it's nicer or less nice.

If dhcpcd really is better than dhclient, I could probably hack in DHCPv6
support pretty easily.   One thing that spooks me about dhcpcd though is that
it supports dbus, which I've always found to be basically unuseable.   But I
haven't tried it in years.   Do you consider this a valuable feature of dhcpcd
for NetBSD, or just a bullet point?