Re: Retiring dhclient

On Nov 16, 2011, at 7:44 AM, jnemeth%victoria.tc.ca@localhost (John Nemeth)
wrote:
> } provides a functional advantage over dhcpcd. The reverse is not true.
>
>     Don't care.  dhclient does what I need it to do.

FTR, if there is significant interest in keeping dhclient around, but agreement
that its feature set is too limited, it's actually possible I could get buy-in
from my management to spend a week or two making it better, including porting
in dhcpv6 support from the ISC tree.   I didn't propose this in my initial
response to Joerg because I actually don't know the capabilities of dhcpcd, but
it's definitely an option.