Re: route6d is in /usr/sbin, doesn't start on boot

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011, Greg Troxel wrote:
It turns out that mountcritremote depends on NETWORKING which
depends on route6d.  Unfortunately there really is a cycle in
our requirements.

So, options are:

[...]

The 3rd option essentially splits NETWORKING into
NETWORKING_BASIC and NETWORKING_ROUTING.  It seems crazy to nfs
mount /usr across a router, so this seems ok to me.

Yes, this makes sense. I'd probably keep the name "NETWORKING" for the second stage, and include static routes in the new "NETWORKING_BASIC" stage, so people who really want network mounts across a router can get there using static routes.

But, if putting route6d in /sbin is the right answer, that's
fine.  (And if someone who has better install-set-rearranging-fu
than me wants to, that would be even better.)

routed is in /sbin, so it probably makes sense to put route6d there too.

--apb (Alan Barrett)