Re: [patch] ixg(4): Intel 82599 10-gigabit ethernet

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 06:58:26PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> Here is a NetBSD port of the Intel 82599 10-gigabit ethernet driver from
> FreeBSD,
> <>.
> To try it out, apply the patch and add this line to your kernel
> configuration:
> ixg*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # Intel 8259x 10 gigabit

The driver which you just commited has files which are named ixgbe*
Is there any reason why the driver name couldn't be then ixgbe(4) too?

I would find it more natural to have a source code which matches the
driver name.

P.S. Thank you for the NetBSD port of the driver.