Re: pppoe(4) PPPOE_SERVER test

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:15:41 -0500
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost> wrote:

> Anyone know if I'm missing something, or if that's due to a known
> issue?  I'm trying the PPPOE_SERVER support for the first time, after
> having read http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/pppoe/#pppoe-server and
> the pppoe(4) manual page.

When using nm(1) on the /netbsd kernel image, I noticed that some
symbols appear to be missing which would normally be defined when
PPPOE_SERVER, despite config -x /netbsd showing "options PPPOE_SERVER"
and the image having been built again after cleaning the compile
directory.  This could explain my problems, although I unfortunately
don't yet understand why the PPPOE_SERVER conditional code doesn't get
built.
--
Matt