Re: why not remove AF_LOCAL sockets on last close?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 02:51:45PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:55:51PM -0400, Thor Simon wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me why, exactly, we shouldn't remove bound AF_LOCAL
> > sockets from the filesystem on last close?
> If you want to do that, wouldn't it be easier to just go the Linux route
> and move them into a separate (virtual) namespace completely?

Linux does that?  I ran this test program on a Linux system and got a
socket in the filesystem and the same results.

Thor Lancelot Simon
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all
   at once."    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau, On The Social Contract