Re: why not remove AF_LOCAL sockets on last close?

  Can anyone tell me why, exactly, we shouldn't remove bound AF_LOCAL
  sockets from the filesystem on last close?  The following test program
  produces "second socket bind failed" on every system I've tested it on,
  and seems to cover the only possible use case for this "feature"...

Have you looked at posix to see if it speaks to this?  I don't think it
gets specific enough to say.

A reason might be that every other system behaves the same way and being
different will just lead to non-portable code.