Re: packet-classifying in-kernel API for "packet classes" (SOC)

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Darren Reed <darrenr%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> Andy Pyles wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm interested in this project to work on as a SOC project. I have
>> noticed that this project idea has been out there for some time.
>> From what I can tell PF, ALTQ and at least one ethernet driver need to
>> be modified. I started looking at this project last year and have
>> several ideas.
>>
>> Is there still some interest in this project? I'm curious as doing a
>> quick search I have seen several other people express interest in the
>> project and then for whatever reason lose interest.
>
> Where is the information about the prior packet classifier project?
>
> Darren

Darren,

To my knowledge this same SOC project idea has been on the table since
at least 2008.
A quick search of the mail archives indicated that others were interested in it.

more details here:
http://www.netbsd.org/foundation/press/soc2008-summary.html

-Andy