packet-classifying in-kernel API for "packet classes" (SOC)

I'm interested in this project to work on as a SOC project. I have
noticed that this project idea has been out there for some time.
From what I can tell PF, ALTQ and at least one ethernet driver need to
be modified. I started looking at this project last year and have
several ideas.

Is there still some interest in this project? I'm curious as doing a
quick search I have seen several other people express interest in the
project and then for whatever reason lose interest.

Is the version of ALTQ  in sync with the latest from KAME?