Re: Registrars with free DynDNS services of my own domains.

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:10:33PM +0100, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
Joerg, is warning you that that next someone can steal your domain...
Oh, in that case I must have missed it. How would that be done? Is
that because of the dyndns provider ?

The difference of the setup you descriped to the setup used e.g. by
dyndns is that dyndns has stable IPs for the primary and secondary
server. In your case whoever gets the IP next can act as secondary for
the domain as long as the NS record is valid. Depending on the TLD you
are using, that can be quite some time.

Joerg
Thanks Joerg. The same thing was just pointed out on the ISP list of FreeBSD. I honestly did not think of that and I am actually not concerning this as a high probability risk. I frankly doubt anyone on my IP block has even heard of a thing called DNS. But sure, better safe than sorry. I will get a new DNS with a static IP and just update the relevant A records on my master using an automatization script.

Thanks again.

Marcin.