ALTQ - latest status clarification

Hi I have some interest in the ALTQ integration into Netbsd, and
wanted clarify a couple of things.
If I am incorrect on any of the following points, please let me know:

1.) My understanding is the version of PF + ALTQ currently is in-sync
with OpenBSD 4.2.

2.) It is possible to run ALTQ  stand alone, but not recommended (
research purposes only )
( from  comment in altq.h - " altq3 is mainly for research
experiments. pf-based altq is for daily use."  )

3.) current version of ALTQ "altq3" has it's own classifier.