splnet() surrounding in6_control1()

In in6_control() there seems to be an splnet() surrounding the call to

Without going into debate whether or not splnet() around the entire
function is necessary, at the very least it prevents me from using
real kauth(9) calls.

Therefore, I would like to
  - add a switch statement in in6_control(), where we currently issue
the kauth(9) call, and perform the call only for the cases where
in6_control1() checks for the "privileged" variable

  - modify in6_control1() to not take a "privileged" variable anymore,
and instead place a comment ("/* Privileged, see in6_control(). */" or
something) where the variable used to be checked

Are there any objections to such a change?