Re: Regarding summer of code 2008(writing device drivers)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, pankaj gupta wrote:
I am looking forward to your reply.

Can you describe what usage scenario this would come into effect with?
Speeding up download of the same file twice?

What impact will this have on the virtual memory system, if you cache all traffic going through a machine? I'm thinking of a file server that serves many megabytes per second, will it cache the whole traffic? Or am I misunderstanding something entirely here? What's the use case you have in mind?

 - Hubert