Re: Patch: accept filters for NetBSD

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:47:09AM -0600, David Young wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:17:46PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:15:42AM +0100, Darren Reed wrote:
> > > Hmmm..
> > >
> > > Are you going to contribute (or suggest) changes to the FreeBSD
> > > code based on any changes we might make?
> >
> > I can suggest.  I can't directly contribute -- no privs.  Can you?
> >
> > I think we are going to put a lot of the FreeBSD-specific code back,
> > #ifdef __FreeBSD__, to make cross-polination easier.  It leaves the
> > file fairly dirty but it also provides a useful example of how they
> > rearranged a few bits of their stack for socket locking.  That will
> > make feeding changes back a bit simpler, anyway -- smaller diffs.
> Please don't clutter the code with #ifdefs.

If I do, it can be the same exact source file for FreeBSD and NetBSD.

If I don't, it can't.

I think in this case it is better to have the same source file.  You
do not?

  Thor Lancelot Simon

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."         - Noam Chomsky