Re: Patch: accept filters for NetBSD

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:47:09AM -0600, David Young wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:17:46PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:15:42AM +0100, Darren Reed wrote:
> > > Hmmm..
> > >
> > > Are you going to contribute (or suggest) changes to the FreeBSD
> > > code based on any changes we might make?
> >
> > I can suggest.  I can't directly contribute -- no privs.  Can you?
> >
> > I think we are going to put a lot of the FreeBSD-specific code back,
> > #ifdef __FreeBSD__, to make cross-polination easier.  It leaves the
> > file fairly dirty but it also provides a useful example of how they
> > rearranged a few bits of their stack for socket locking.  That will
> > make feeding changes back a bit simpler, anyway -- smaller diffs.
>
> Please don't clutter the code with #ifdefs.

If I do, it can be the same exact source file for FreeBSD and NetBSD.

If I don't, it can't.

I think in this case it is better to have the same source file.  You
do not?

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."         - Noam Chomsky