Re: Socket options KPI

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Elad Efrat wrote:

> Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > Something I'm not keen on is the SOPT_SET/SOPT_GET thing.  Would it be too
> > much work to split pr_ctloutput() into pr_setopt() and pr_getopt()?
> Let's do this in smaller steps so we don't break too much stuff. :)
> For the first step, I'd like to reduce the mbuf abuse.

In that case, I think better to keep the PRCO_ and not encode the
direction into the sockopt structure, and using:

  int pr_ctloutput(int req, struct socket *so, struct sockopt *opt);

(just because I don't like the fit)

sockopt_setint(struct sockopt *sopt, int val)

        return sockopt_set(sopt, &val, sizeof(val));

would avoid duplicating (minimal, I admit :) code..