Re: [GSoC] Emulating missing Linux syscalls project questions

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 12:10:11AM -0400, Theodore Preduta wrote:
> (1) Is there any documentation on the internals of this subsystem? (manpage
> and wiki seem to just be how to use it)

I wrote a series of articles 22 years ago on the topic. All links are now dead, but we still have them thanks to Internat Archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/20050212165754/http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/10/linux_bsd.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20151001183225/http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/17/linux_bsd.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20151001195242/http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/07/linux_bsd.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20150910035226/http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/21/linux_bsd.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20150910011921/http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/08/09/linux_bsd.html

> (2) Is there a better binary-finding strategy than trying Linux binaries on
> NetBSD

In my experience, this is the best way of doing it.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost