Re: boot -d

> This looks like PR 53311.
Ah, thanks!

> The commit where that problem started (src/sys/arch/x86/x86/db_memrw.c 1.6)
> was pulled up to to the -8 branch, and apparently the commits that fixed it
> were not.
I currently seem to attract pull-ups that mess up things.

I had a look at the relevant commits
	src/sys/arch/x86/include/pmap.h 1.100
	src/sys/arch/x86/x86/pmap.c 1.330
	src/sys/arch/xen/x86/xen_pmap.c 1.31
but unfortunately am unable to back-port the second one to -8.
I know nothing about pmap, and the -current version uses PTE_P and PTE_PS
while the -8 version uses PG_V/nothing.

Could someone in the know port these fixes to -8, please? Or guide me?