boot -d

Hello again.

In about the third nesting level of what I wanted to do in the first place,
I tried "boot netbsd -d" in the secondary boot. It loads the kernel, then
complains about the ffs module missing (I don't use modules and don't have
an 8.2 directory on that machine), clears the screen, displays
"fatal breakpoint in supervisor mode" and re-boots.

The problem is that the interesting messages are displayed only for a
fraction of a second. In one out of three tries, I was able to catch them
(partly) using the "slomo" (i.e. high speed) video recording mode of my
iPhone, but of the line after the "fatal breakpoint" message, only the
top half is displayed before it is cleared, so it's very hard to read the
interesting parts.

Any hints?