Re: boot -d

> Any chance of getting the messages via a serial console connection?
Eh, hm, maybe. How do I set that up?

> Can the problem be reproduced in qemu?
No idea. Never used qemu.

> (I'm not sure what the first two nesting levels were, but it would
> help to describe what you're trying to boot - kernel config, version,
> etc. - and in what environment - hardware, emulator, etc.)
Real hardware (AMD64), 8.2_STABLE from yesterday, custom config.

One level up is the iic_search() panic I wrote about yesterday. I was going
to set a breakpoint in spdmem_i2c_match() to investigate.

Two levels up are lockups with the most trivial use of libusb. I wanted
to update the kernel (was 8.1_STABLE) before reporting that.

Three levels up is an ancient NUT driver I wrote for our Masterguard A3000-19
back in 2007.