Re: makesyscalls (moving forward)

On 15.06.2020 00:26, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> But that's just me. I'll leave the deciding to you guys...

This is only me, but /sbin and /usr/sbin are for users with root
privileges, while /bin and /usr/bin for everybody. makesyscalls(1)
intends to be an end-user program that aids building software and this
is just another specialized program similar to flex(1) or yacc(1), just
a more domain specific code generator.

I don't see any reason why to restrict makesyscalls(1) to root-only.
/usr/bin is a settled path for native programs and chaing it is not
worth it (and I personally see no reason). If I want to plug
makesyscalls(1) into LLVM or GDB or some fuzzers, it would be certainly
cumbersome to pass full path to some /sys/bin or similar.