Re: Missing compat_43 stuff for netbsd32?

On Sep 11,  6:38pm, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
} On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 03:35:24PM +0000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
} >
} > It's probably only useful for running ancient SunOS 4.x binaries, maybe
} > Ultrix, Irix or OSF-1 depending on how closely they followed BSD 4.3.
}
} Actually, I think amd64, sparc64, and mips64 are the only platforms where
} it could even be possible to encounter netbsd32 executables that required
} system calls that had the "o" names in 4.3BSD.
}
} On amd64, because i386 architecture SunOS 4 executables exist and I am not
} sure the SunOS 4 kernel did actually pick up all the new syscalls from

     Yeah, but that would be the Roadrunner, which I believe was
pretty rare, and a bit of a quirky system (software and hardware
wise).  I did lay eyes on one once many years, but I don't believe
I touched that one.  I suspect that not very many people have even
seen one.

} 4.3BSD.  Whether such executables would run at all though, I'm not sure;

     Personally, I have my doubts.

} there is probably other COMPAT_SUNOS code needed that may not work on i386.
}
}-- End of excerpt from Thor Lancelot Simon