Re: Kernel module framework status?

On Sat, May 5, 2018, 4:17 AM <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
If someone wants to do this route of metadata, please consider the
addition of a metadata property "should this be auto loaded".

Currently we have ad-hoc logic for some modules that might be auto
loaded (compat_...) and it'd probably be cleaner to do this.

In FreeBSD, I generally converted the ad hoc logic to tables and made sure the metadata mini language was expressive enough to cope.

Warner