Re: amd64: svs

> The Redhat and Microsoft implicitly says "Intel will release
> microcode soon".  I hoped to it.

It's possible it's _partially_ fixable in microcode.  It's possible
it's fixable in microcode and my pessimism is wrong.  But the scenario
I think most likely is the one Dave Huang's post describes: there are
mitigation measures, not real fixes, usable by small amounts of new
code in kernels, made possible by new microcode.

> the Linux supported by the google goes to the KPTI, maybe, it means
> the Intel does not plan to mitigate by the new microcode.

Or perhaps it means Linux wants to be able to address at least part of
the problem on unpatched hardware.  One of the very few things I feel
sure of about this is that there will be a _lot_ of unpatched machines
out there in the installed base more or less forever.

> I will wait the patch commited.  thank you for description.

I have no particular authority here.  I'm speculating based on what
I've seen people say and what seems likely to me.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign