Re: amd64: svs

off topics...

Xen project say meltdown vulnerability is only for Intel.

https://blog.xenproject.org/2018/01/04/xen-project-spectremeltdown-faq/

"Only Intel processors are impacted by Meltdown (referred to as SP3 in
Advisory 254). On Intel processors, only 64-bit PV mode guests can
attack Xen. Guests running in 32-bit PV mode, HVM mode, and PVH mode
cannot attack the hypervisor using SP3. However, in 32-bit PV mode,
HVM mode, and PVH mode, guest userspaces can attack guest kernels
using SP3; so updating guest kernels is advisable."

I think, we should wait for a while to coming new microcode and
disclosure of specification update from intel.

people is too silent, is this means presense of NDA?

--
Shinichi Doyashiki <clare%csel.org@localhost>