Re: amd64: svs

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 20:58:51 -0500 (EST)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> > I think, we should wait for a while to coming new microcode and
> > disclosure of specification update from intel.
>
> Why?  Is there any reason to not deploy known effective countermeasures
> while waiting for a real fix?  Indeed, do we have any reason to think a
> real fix will be forthcoming from Intel?  In view of their attempts to
> downplay their bugs, I have negative confidence they will actually
> _fix_ them...if indeed they are fixable on current hardware.  (It's not
> publicly known, as far as I know, to what extent the bugs are fixable
> in microcode; in some respects they may be baked into the silicon.)
>
> > people is too silent, is this means presense of NDA?
>
> In a few cases, probably.  More likely, it seems to me - this is
> certainly my own case - I've already said everything I've thought of
> that seemed useful (and even vaguely appropriate to this list).

Thank you.

The Redhat and Microsoft implicitly says "Intel will release microcode
soon".  I hoped to it.

the Linux supported by the google goes to the KPTI, maybe,
it means the Intel does not plan to mitigate by the new microcode.

I will wait the patch commited.  thank you for description.

--
Shinichi Doyashiki <clare%csel.org@localhost>