Re: resize_ffs and ufs2

> Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 09:15:54 -0400
> From: Chris Humphries <chris%sogubsys.com@localhost>
>
> My question is before I get started, are there things a newbie like me
> should know before I boldly plow into the code of ufs2 and resize_ffs
> deeper? Want to be sure I at least check if there is tribal or expert
> knowledge on the challenges of this task before rediscovering the wheel.

No doubt there is various tribal knowledge!  However, such knowledge
usually manifests in the form of answering questions than in the form
of a prewritten document you can read ahead of time.

You may find the documentation in src/share/doc/smm/05.fastfs/ and
src/sbin/fsck_ffs/SMM.doc/ useful -- although I'm not sure it has any
information about changes in the ufs2/ffsv2 format, and there's
separate `v2' for the superblock format and the rest of the file
system format.