resize_ffs and ufs2

Hello,

Working with coypu and interested in kernel development, with filesystems  and data storage in particular, I was pointed to resize_ffs and shrinking ufs2 support (PR #44205 and in src/sbin/resize_ffs/TODO).

My question is before I get started, are there things a newbie like me should know before I boldly plow into the code of ufs2 and resize_ffs deeper? Want to be sure I at least check if there is tribal or expert knowledge on the challenges of this task before rediscovering the wheel.

Thank you,
Chris

--
Chris Humphries