Re: How to read crash log of NetBSD 7.0.2?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:50:04PM +0800, Jia-Ju Bai wrote:
> After the rebooting of the crash, I do not see useful messages in
> /var/log/messages or using "dmesg" command. I find two files in /var/crash:
> netbsd.0.gz and netbsd.0.core.gz. And I uncompress them and open them using
> "vim", but they are not readable :(

Hmm, in -current savecore(8), which is the utility saving the dump, will
log the panic message. In general, for driver developement, using -current
is not a bad idea.

The file is a kvm target for gdb, but I don't know how well it works with
modules in netbsd 7.

> So how to read crash log of the system?
> And how to let my "printf" messages show on the screen (or show on another
> computer via serial port) ?

Use serial console, it is the easiest way for kernel developement.
See "man boot.cfg" and search for consdev.

Martin