How to read crash log of NetBSD 7.0.2?

Hello,

I am trying to rewrite an Ethernet driver (if_vr) in NetBSD 7.0.2 for a real device. And my driver is implemented as a kernel module. Currently, my driver can be successfully loaded, but it can cause system crash. Thus, I write some "printf" sentences in the code, and I want to read crash log to debug my driver code.

Unluckily, after my driver is loaded, I do not see any my "printf" messages on the screen before the crash occurs :( After the rebooting of the crash, I do not see useful messages in /var/log/messages or using "dmesg" command. I find two files in /var/crash: netbsd.0.gz and netbsd.0.core.gz. And I uncompress them and open them using "vim", but they are not readable :(

So how to read crash log of the system?
And how to let my "printf" messages show on the screen (or show on another computer via serial port) ?

Thanks in advance,
Jia-Ju Bai