Re: struct file reference at VFS level

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 03:58:43PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 07:11:37PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> > Since you said fuse has a way to do that but it doesn't work for our
> > fuse, I guess the right way forward is to make it work in our fuse.
> > What's required? Just send an arbitrary ID associated with the open
> > through puffs to userland?
>
> Here is the first part: a MNT_FILECRED mount option that cause
> the struct file to be attached to VOP credentials. It builds but
> I have not yet tested, as I need the second part in PUFFS for that.

Can you please start with a consistent proposal of what the end result
should look like before adding random pieces? I'm sure, but this feels
like a very adhoc hack to cover a few corner cases for some strange out
of tree target without a clean idea on how it affects the long term
design of the VFS layer. I'm not saying the current state is perfect or
that the approach has no merits, but changes of this nature just because
FUSE is built to assume Linux behavior is very very bad.

Joerg