Re: struct file reference at VFS level

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> Can you please start with a consistent proposal of what the end result
> should look like before adding random pieces? I'm sure, but this feels
> like a very adhoc hack to cover a few corner cases for some strange out
> of tree target without a clean idea on how it affects the long term
> design of the VFS layer.

Well, since kauth_cred_t can be extended, I foresee no need to change
VFS design. one additionnal credential is required here, struct file *,
we can just optionaly add it up like I did in this patch.

There is a possible exception: VOP_FALLOCATE touches file content, and
it does not pass kauth_cred_t. Obviously this was forgotten when the VOP
was created.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz