Re: struct file reference at VFS level

David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> ok, I don't understand: even assuming that stashing this information
> in the credentials is the right place (which I don't think I agree
> with but haven't really formed a coherent opinion about yet)... why on
> earth should it be conditional?

Because if the filesystem does not implement mandatory locks (or some
other feature that requires a reference to struct file), the information
is of no use. Since this is the case for all our filesystems except
PUFFS/FUSE, I made sure the extra code is not executed when it is not
needed.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz