Re: Inter-driver #if dependencies

On Mon, 18 May 2015, Antti Kantee wrote:

If you've actually got some constructive feedback on my suggestion,
please provide it.

Is giving pointers to related use cases that you're in your own words not aware of not constructive?

Not nearly as useful as the other replies. Yes, I am now aware of an additional use-case, one which greatly exceeds my ability to solve. (I have dipped my toes into the scsi waters before, and quickly withdrew. I know when I am over my head....)

"If you want to solve the problem just for one driver cluster, that's more than fine". In other words, if you don't want to spend effort on a general solution, implement what you need privately in pcppi land. Everyone still wins and will be thankful your efforts, unlike in the event of a haphazardly researched autoconf interface. There's no need to start making a list of things that you're not willing to do.

No-one benefits if I "implement what [I] need privately..."

Please consider this exchange (between you and me) to be finished.

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |