Re: Removal of compat-FreeBSD

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 08:01:55PM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost (Joerg Sonnenberger) writes:
>
> >... As such I find disabling COMPAT_FREEBSD by default a very good
> >idea for increasing the visibility of the problem.
>
> Disabling it by default makes it invisible and forces it to bitrot.
> And I tend to believe that that's the intention behind the suggestion.

For pure compilation tests, there is ALL. Given the lack of changes, it
is rotting a lot already. Consider all the changes to the system call
entry points regarding locking, stack gap and the like. How does OpenBSD
deal with this device? I find "use FreeBSD/Linux binary" sounds like a
good idea to them (which I fully agree with)...

Joerg