Re: Dealing with debugging macros for printing as part of aprint clean-up

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 05:17:24PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <20150208103806.GA1632%norite.fritz.box@localhost>, Izaak
> <yitzhak%inbox.ru@localhost> wrote:
> > Having read through many files, I have found that often printf is
> > wrapped in a macro like 'DPRINTF', which is occasionally used both in
> > the driver attachment function and also elsewhere in the file. I am
> > not sure whether to [...] suppose this question holds also for
> > general macro usage, so what is the best way to deal with that?
>
> I think it is best to leave them alone too for now...
I think that specifically for autoconfiguration it would be better to
replace the debugging wrapper macro with the aprint_debug and
aprint_debug_dev for attachment and then leave the macro in place for
the rest of the file. I am only suggesting it because I have seen this
in a few places already, so I am afraid if I leave it then the clean-up
will leave behind many printf occurrences -- of course, those would be
fixed in part 2 of the project anyway though. What do you think of that
instead?

--
Izaak