Re: ubc_uiomove returns EINVAL

    Date:        Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:51:28 +0000
    From:        David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost>

  | On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 12:33:44AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
  |  > (there's another place where the error [from VOP_GETPAGES], if any,
  |  > looks to be ignored).
  |
  | That doesn't sound real healthy :(

It's in uvm_fault_lower_lookup() ...

        (void) uobj->pgops->pgo_get(uobj,
            ufi->entry->offset + flt->startva - ufi->entry->start,
            pages, &gotpages, flt->centeridx,
            flt->access_type & MASK(ufi->entry), ufi->entry->advice, PGO_LOCKED)
;

(excuse possible extra line wrapping caused by cut/paste from an xterm
running vi).

The (void) makes it pretty clear that the error (if any) is being
deliberately ignored - but it is way beyond my competence to even
speculate as to whether it is healthy or not.   All that matters to
me is that I don't see how that one could be sending an EINVAL (if it
happened there) back to ubc_uiomove(), so I get to ignore it!

kre