Re: RFC: IRQ affinity (aka interrupt routing)

Hi Thor,

Fist, I am *not* going to implement automatic balancing interrupts
in the near future. As you point out, it must require more discussion
about automatic balancing interrupts. However, manual routing
interrupts must be needed, such as separating HDD interrupts' CPU
from NIC interrupts' CPU, eliminating some CPUs from CPUs assigned
interrupts to reserve for user processes, and so on. In these cases,
it is no need to balance interrupts automatically, it is enogh to
set affinity by administrators at the boot time or the rare
maintenance time. So, I want to implement manually routing interrupts
at the first step for these usage.