Re: Problem in msdosfs_moutfs

Le 15/07/2014 17:32, Matthias Drochner a écrit :

> While we are here...
> (Sorry, I'm too busy with other things, otherwise I'd do it myself.)
>
> I found that msdosfs mount fails for some pre-formatted USB thumb drives
> due to a too strict bpb check. See attachment, but it might make sense
> to find another limit, or to kill pm_SecPerTrack completely.
> Aiui, the <=63 limit makes only sense if the file system is used to
> boot from,

yes that's what I understand too

> without int13 extensions. One can safely assume that a PC
> with USB ports also implements int13 extensions...

yes I think it's safe to remove the check; pm_SecPerTrack is unused anyway.
There's a comment on this in FreeBSD:

        /*
        * We don't check pm_Heads nor pm_SecPerTrack, because
        * these may not be set for EFI file systems. We don't
        * use these anyway, so we're unaffected if they are
        * invalid.
        */