Re: Problem in msdosfs_moutfs

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Matthias Drochner wrote:
While we are here...
(Sorry, I'm too busy with other things, otherwise I'd do it myself.)

I found that msdosfs mount fails for some pre-formatted USB thumb drives
due to a too strict bpb check. See attachment, but it might make sense
to find another limit, or to kill pm_SecPerTrack completely.
Aiui, the <=63 limit makes only sense if the file system is used to
boot from, without int13 extensions. One can safely assume that a PC
with USB ports also implements int13 extensions...

Is this the failure where you see pre-formatted USB storage with the MBR partition size correct, but offset by a sector so that it appears to extend beyond the end of the device (even though the FAT does not extend into that range) and so it is rejected?

--
Stephen