Re: Does "options P1003_1B_SEMAPHORE" still exist?

On Tue, 6 May 2014 23:17:53 +0200
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> > The semaphore remains usable by this process until the semaphore is
> > closed by a successful call to sem_close(), _exit(), or one of the
> > exec functions.
>
> Well, the attached patch would do that...

I've tried exactly that (+/- lines up/down), and while it didn't cause
problems in the beginning, it violated some refcounting or so assumption
in more generic code causing a diagnostic panic -- unfortunately I can't
remember what it was exactly, just that a fix would need some serious
abstraction violation in generic code, so I dropped it.
So, well, sorry - best thing would be to try and run all kinds of tests,
but iirc the problem was not obvious and showed up much later.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich