Re: Does "options P1003_1B_SEMAPHORE" still exist?

On Tue, 6 May 2014 19:43:24 +0200
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> > As has been mentioned before, the (kernel) semaphore implementation
> > in -current doesn't work well.
>
> I haven't seen any such mentioning. PR?

I didn't find a PR, but there was at least some discussion when I
added the pkgsrc Python fix, starting here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2012/08/15/msg020907.html

While I don't think that it causes these problems, an obvious
deficiency is that our kernel semaphores get inherited to child
processes, while Posix says that they should be closed on exec.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich