Re: HP Proliant won't reboot

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:17:02 +0900 (JST)
Jun Ebihara <jun%soum.co.jp@localhost> wrote:
> > and stops.  NumLock doesn't change the light and the system won't
> > respond to the keyboard or the network.  Luckily it has already
> > unmounted the drive so I can safely power cycle but that's going to
> > be extremely inconvenient in a lights out situation.
>
> Try to cold boot. if it works,try to update iLO firmware if you can.

Do you mean cold boot to get it started again?  Sure, that works.  I
have had it off for more than three minutes too.  I did update the BIOS
with HP's upgrade ISO.

> 1. plug off power cable from power supply.
> 2. wait 3 min and pray.

Funny, that's the name I gave it.  :-)

> 3. plug in power cable and boot.

Same issue.  When I reboot it hangs.  It's fine as long as it is
running.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost