Re: Why do we need lua in-tree again? Yet another call for actual evidence, please. (was Re: Moving Lua source codes)

The linked research was performed on Linux, which has NFsv4.1 and pNFS client
implementations.  Evidently, you can do this kind of thing with an out-of-tree
Lua kernel extension.

----- "Taylor R Campbell" <> wrote:

>    [1]
>    [2]
> In the two links you gave, I found precisely five lines of Lua code,
> buried in the paper, and those five lines seemed to exist only for
> the
> purpose of measuring how much overhead Lua adds to the existing pNFS
> code or something.

Matt Benjamin
The Linux Box
206 South Fifth Ave. Suite 150