Re: CVS commit: src/sys/lib/libunwind

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 05:35:54PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Look at lib/libc/Makefile?

Ok, I see it is build into libc on some archs with clang, but where is it
called?

> The "user" interface is plain C, the rest is just an implementation
> detail. The C interface creates instances of the DWARF logic, the
> address space abstraction and the register set abstraction.

I realy tried to find this "user interface", but I failed. There are
like 20 functions declared in unwind.h, with speaking names like
"_Unwind_GetGR" and no further documentation.

And then all MD parts are mangled into a single header plus a single
asm file with spagethi ifdef cascades.

Apparently for extending to other archs you are expected to create some
asm functions which do not even have their C++ signature
documented and where you have to start looking for the coresponding line
in some header file by demengling the decorated C++ name.

I realy think this should be heavily rearranged, and the C++ stuff evicted
from kernel land completely - even if that means we have to copy some things
or use evil macros instead of evil templates.

Martin