Re: multiple vnodes for same file?

On Mon 09 Jul 2012 at 06:10:14 +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Another approach could be to refrain the kernel from reclaiming vnodes
> that still have children. It seems much simplier.

Back in the day when I wrote MSH: (a MSDOS filesystem for the Amiga), I
think I did that. (Locks on) Directories refer to (Locks on) their
parents, so therefore they contribute to their refcount. Open files own
a Lock too, which also refers to its parent directory (Lock), and which
therefore also contributes to its refcount.

It seems that an AmigaOS Lock is comparable with a vnode.

> Emmanuel Dreyfus
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor